Tuesday

Round 1 of Maggie's Birthday

Our sweet little Maggie turned 1 this past Saturday.  This last year has proven to be the absolute fastest year of my life.  Seriously, I feel like I just came home from the hospital about a month or two ago.  She is becoming such a funny little girl.  She already has opinions about a lot of things.  One of which is her food choices.  From the very beginning of starting table food, she has resisted anything that is slimy.  I have tried everything to get her to eat vegetables and fruits, but to no avail, she continues to resist.  She usually gives it one good touch and then throws it to the floor as if it has stung her.  I am being humbled everyday, because Sam and Kate ate ANYTHING  I gave them and proudly I assured other moms that "if you put it in front of them, they will eat it."  Ha...Ha, Jokes on Me.  This child eats nothing but waffles (that I make with sweet potatoes and bananas that I hide in there) and edamame.  Yes folks, that's it.  Some days it really ticks me off and then others I just serve up the waffles as if this is what she may eat forever, because I honestly don't have the time to stress about it.  I figure she will one day decide to eat:) Here's to praying for a better diet later.  Anyway, we can't imagine life without our Maggie.  The kids adore her and love to harass her, play with her, roll her around and drag her from place to place.  She is tolerant for the most part. 

Well, on Saturday we had planned to have the family over for lunch and cake to celebrate her sweet life, but Maggie was running a fever, coughing like crazy and was generally not feeling well. We thought it best to postpone her celebration until this coming Saturday, so she could enjoy her time.  I thought we needed to do something to recognize the day, so the kids and I went to Whole Foods and bought 5 mini cupcakes and thought we would have those after lunch and take the opportunity to sing Happy Birthday to Mag.  Being the finicky texture opposed child that she is, she wouldn't even touch the cupcake:) Should have known...

Here are some pics of the experience.  Oh, but she did reach out and burn her sweet little hand on the candle. Fun Times.




post signature

No comments:

Following Our Simple Yet Eventful Life