Wednesday

Look Mama...Bubble

Just yesterday the kids and I went up to our neighborhood park to get some fresh air. It was cold and I didn't put gloves on Sam so our visit was short and sweet. As soon as we got there he wanted to swing, so swinging it was!! It was about 4:30 in the afternoon and as he was leaning back to get the full effect of the swing he looked up into the sky and said with great excitement, "Mama...Bubble." I looked up and there in plain sight was the moon. Right then and there I realized that we had never had a discussion about the moon. Probably because we put them to bed at 7:00 and are rarely outside to discuss the moon & stars. Shame on us!! Anyway, I took that moment to tell him about the moon. He seemed quite excited to give it a name and talked about it the rest of the afternoon and it was the first thing he wanted to tell daddy when he got home. I thought it was very insightful and imaginative for him to make that connection, but I glad that he now knows about the moon. I can't wait for the next teachable moment...tomorrow!!

No comments:

Following Our Simple Yet Eventful Life