Monday

Learning From Big Brother

I found this picture tonight as I was trying my best to go through the thousands of pictures I have saved over the last few years and get them saved to disc and put away into a safe place. This is truly an undertaking, but I must get started. I just love this picture, because it pretty much says it all...I mean look at the smile that Katie has as Sam is teaching her all about dialing a cell phone!! It is an old phone and no it doesn't work, unless I believe he were to dial 911, but I think we are safe for the moment. We have been astounded the last few weeks at how much Kate is learning from Sam and how much she watches his every move. She mimics his noises, words and actions (some of which are not so cute)...but nonetheless it is amazing how quickly they learn. I am having to be so careful in my disciplining strategies with both of them, because I know that they are both so aware of when the other gets away with something. I really think that Sam gets a real kick out of my saying "no touch" to Kate as she reaches for the dog bowl or starts heading for the stereo receiver. Somewhere in that little mind of his, he is thinking, "I sure am glad it's not me for the moment." He has always been the one who has to put just one finger on something to test the boundaries and from the looks of things, I think that Kate will be giving him a run for his money. I know for a fact, they will both be giving me a run for mine!!

1 comment:

Robinson Family said...

Gosh, it is so cool to see them together with those big fat grins. They are going to be the greatest of friends I bet!

Following Our Simple Yet Eventful Life