Thursday

Pumpkin Patch Fun











Two Saturdays ago, I decided to brave a trip to the pumpkin patch while Rob went to help his mom in her yard for the day. Not sure what I was thinking as it turned out to be quite the adventure. After loading everyone into the van, we drove 25 minutes to the Mini Miracles Farm in Taylors. I had read about it and really talked up the entire experience Sam like it was going to be the best trip EVER. They have rescue animals, gardens, fresh fruit stand, hayrides and last but not least a huge pumpkin patch. We were all so excited, but when we drove up and saw the locked gates I knew I was going to have to do some fast thinking... I turned the car around and headed back towards home, not knowing exactly how I was going to "fix" this when all of sudden I hear this awful thud on my car. The worst thing ever, a dog had run out in front of my van!!! We were on a very busy two lane road out in the country and obviously this little dog had gotten loose from the fence and that was the end of the poor dog's life. I have never hit an animal and was extremely upset. I pulled over and saw the neighbor staring at me. I quickly realized that I couldn't get the kids out and allow them to see this carnage. If Rob had been with me, we would have for sure gotten to the owners home and told them the awful news, but since I was alone with the kids, the neighbor was going to have to deliver the news. Fortunately, the sweet man standing there drinking his coffee told me that he would have no problem telling his neighbors of their loss. Well, I of course was crying and Sam lightened the moment by saying "mama, was that a LOG that hit the car?" I said " sure was". Anyway, I did recover enough to stop at the local farmers market on the way home and have a simulated "pumpkin patch" experience!!

post signature

2 comments:

G-Metal, Coco, Angel Face and Bunny said...

Yay! New posts. What a sad day! You def have some super Mom in you to not only keep the demise of the poor doggy from the kidlets, but also makeshift a pumpkin patch at a market! I hit a dog once and he was still moving, it was pouring rain in the middle of the night, I just ran around like an idiot not knowing what to do. Finally some man came up and "relieved" me and said he'd get the dop help (not going to wonder what that "help" was going to be) but very heartbreakign none the less....

Robinson Family said...

GREAT pictures! Your kids are getting so much bigger! Visiting pumpkin patches is now my favorite hobby. We are currently looking for an orchard to experience.

Following Our Simple Yet Eventful Life