Wednesday

God's Voice

Come to me all of you who are tired and have heavy loads, and I will give you rest. Accept my teachings and learn from me, because i am gentle and humble in spirit, and you will find rest for your lives. The teaching that I ask you to accept is easy, the load I give you to carry is light. ~matthew 11:28-30

As this scripture seeps into my brain today during my quiet time, I am reminded that I don't have to have it all together and that each day I think I do, I am robbing myself of the ultimate joy of resting in God's arms and releasing the daily burdens that make me feel so heavy. We don't have to feel heavy, we don't have to rely on ourselves, our husbands, our families, or our friends to unburden us. It's as easy as opening our mouths in prayer to a father who loves us more than we can ever imagine and saying "father, I am tired, I am weary and I need you, I Need rest" and He will give it to you. Wow! Isn't that amazing? It may not come in the form of a three hour nap, but it will come. I often have the habit of forgetting this teaching and it's usually when I am dragging so low emotionally that I stop and remember his promise to us. I know my journey is a common one and that moms across the world are struggling this very moment with some of the same challenges I am being faced with today. I know that with each day His mercies are new and that by His grace I am able to see another day. For this I am grateful. I pray that if this finds you weary in any way, that you too will remember His promise to you. Take a deep breath and be rest assured that he wants you to rely on him and release your burdens on Him. He yearns for a deeper more personal relationship with you. Let Him carry your load...he's waiting and ready to listen.

post signature

1 comment:

G-Metal, Coco, Angel Face and Bunny said...

I totally struggle with this.. thanks for the encouragement!

Following Our Simple Yet Eventful Life