Tuesday

Killing the Souls of Our Children

As I was listening to my three and four year old playing in the backyard today (thank you Jesus for the warmer weather and sunshine), I found this posted on a friend's blog. It struck me and has resonated all day with me. The sounds of my children playing, imagining together, creating make believe scenarios and generally laughing together makes my heart swell and eyes smile for I know that these moments are going to be too few and vanish long before I am ready for them to. On the days that I am feeling like my mothering and molding are inadequate, which are many, I will stop and remind myself that the gift I am giving my children by simply being home with them and letting them just discover their own imaginations in the backyard or playroom is a gift that they will keep forever!! Please read this blog post and be encouraged too that you don't have to be "planning" every moment to give your children more, but leaving them with less to explore and discover MORE!

www.itakejoy.com/killing-the-soul-of-children







post signature

No comments:

Following Our Simple Yet Eventful Life